Kheledula Energy LLC was incorporated on 16 September 2015 and is domiciled in Georgia. The company has been set up as a limited liability company in accordance with Georgian regulations. The immediate Parent of the Company is Anadolu Kafkasya Enerji Yatırımları Anonim Şirketi, which owns 100% of the Company’s share capital. Anadolu Kafkasya Enerji Yatırımları Anonim Şirketi is 89.19% subsidiary of AG Anadolu Grubu Holding A.S, the remaining 10.81% share of Anadolu Kafkasya Enerji Yatırımları A.Ş. is owned by Paravani Energy B.V. According to the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Kheledula Energy LLC and the Government of Georgia, the company will construct, commission and operate a 51-megawatt hydro power plant Kheledula 3 on BOO basis in Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti Region, on the river Kheledula, Lentekhi Municipality. Total investment value of the project is 89 million USD.


Project Description and Current Status

“The Project comprises the development, construction, owning, and operation on a built, own and operate (“BOO”) model of the Kheledula 3 HEPP, a run of-river scheme involving two tributaries of the Tskhenistskali river in the Lentekhi District of western Georgia’s Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti Region. The Tskhenistskali River is a tributary of the Rioni river, the largest river in western Georgia. The Kheledula 3 HEPP will be the lowest plant of the Kheledula HEPPs cascade, and will comprise a two-stage scheme utilising water taken from the lower courses of the Kheledula and Devashi rivers, both of which are right tributaries of the Tskhenistskali river. On the Kheledula river, a new weir, located approximately 6 km upstream of the confluence with the Tskhenistskali river at the town of Lentekhi, will allow water to be diverted and conveyed via a new, 3.8 km unpressurized conveyance tunnel to the Devashi river valley where it will combine with water taken from the Devashi river via another new weir located approximately 3 km upstream of the Devashi’s confluence with the Tskhenistskali river. Approximately 80% of the total combined design flow will be from the Kheledula river. The combined flow will then be directed via a 2.4 km penstock buried underground and 454 meter penstock inside a headrace tunnel to three horizontal Francis turbine-generators, each with a total generating capacity of 17 MW, installed in an aboveground powerhouse which will be located on the right bank of the Tskhenistskali river, approximately 1.5 km downstream of the proposed Lentekhi HEPP project’s powerhouse. The Project will be initially connected to the national grid of Georgia via a new, dedicated transmission line to be constructed by the JSC “Georgian State Electrosystem” , the transmission licensee. This new 220 kV double-circuit overhead line will follow the Tskhenistskali valley, and will connect the future extension substation of Lajanuri to the Kheledula HPP.”

Sites And Main Parameters Definitions

Contact us

Chavchavadze Ave., 37-D, 0162, Tbilisi, GEORGIA

E-mail address for remarks


Your message has been sent. Thank you!